Interested in giving back to your community? Join our team!
Most of our members are Riding Members. Riding Members are Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) – Help your neighbor, save a life. Respond to emergency calls and help make a difference.
- At least 16 years old
- Valid New Jersey driver license (for those 18 & above). You must have a non-restricted NJ driver license in order to drive the ambulance “hot”, i.e. to calls and the hospital.
- Pull one duty period a week. Either a 5 hour daytime or 12 hour overnight shift.
- Take and pass the EMT training class. NJ EMT Training Fund may be able to cover cost of EMT class. Classes are run in the Spring, Summer and Fall at the Squad building as well as other places around NJ
- CPR and EMT training provided*
- Tuition and child-care reimbursement available
- Pension program (LOSAP)
- Scholarship program
How Do I Apply?
Download an application by clicking the link below or stop by our squad building anytime to pick up an application.
Once the application is filled out, please email the application to email@example.com or stop by our building anytime to return it. You are also welcome to stop by our building if you have any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
No! We will provide you with all of the training required to ride on an ambulance. Many, if not most, of our new members do not have any medical experience prior to joining the squad.
No! After approximately 12 weeks of riding as a non-EMT probationary member, we will provide you with a NJ EMT Training Fund form that may cover the cost of the class.
Yes! High schoolers that are ages 16 and over can apply. Many of our members start volunteering when they were in high school.
Yes! Many, if not most, of our new members are not EMTs prior to joining the squad. After approximately 12 weeks of riding as a non-EMT probationary member, we will provide you with a NJ EMT Training Fund form that may cover the cost of the class.